Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Climate change could effect the war?

A new report is saying that the potential instablilty caused by climate change could prolong the War on Terror. I hadn't really thought of this as a possibility, but I guess climate change could hinder global security. Part of me is still skeptical of this because I really don't think that environmental changes would make terrorists more likely to attack. However, if conditions do worsen in other countries it could have a serious backlash for us either way. If various countries were all suffering at once, the US would be expected to step in and give aid.
It's amazing how great an impact global warming may have. It will effect ecosystems, habitats, industry, and now even security. I just hope we actually start doing something to fix things instead of just talking about the damage it may cause.

No comments: